2017 Westminster Manifesto (PDF 2MB)
Publish Date: 31 May 2017
Manifesto for the General Election held on 8th June 2017.
At this election, we seek a mandate for the Union that really matters - the Union with Great Britain - to make sure Northern Ireland gets the best Brexit deal and to reach an honourable and not a one-sided deal to get the Assembly up and running again to deal with the real problems that are faced by people in their everyday lives.
The choice at this election is clear. If you want unionism to be strengthened then you should unite around the strongest
We need a ‘Team Northern Ireland’ on the benches of Westminster. Only the DUP offers the people of Northern Ireland the team that can maximise our influence. No other party will be large enough to break through and ensure Northern Ireland’s voice is heard loud and clear.
- DUP wants to see a working Assembly and Executive as the best form of government for all our people.
- We will judge any deal against five core tests set out in the manifesto.
- We support the continued increases in the National Living Wage.
- We will support proposals to further increase the personal tax allowance.
- We support the maintenance of the pensions triple lock.
- The DUP will resist any assault on important universal benefits.
- We want to build a globally competitive economy.
- We support the delivery of an ambitious new Industrial Strategy
- We are committed to improving public services.
- We support the continuation of the UK’s independent nuclear deterrent.
- The DUP will resist attempts to rewrite the past.
- The DUP will work to get the best deal for Northern Ireland as the UK leaves the European Union.
- We are committed to see the development of a real respect agenda.