Chair of the Asembly & Executive Review Committee
South Belfast Constituency
Christopher was born in Annadale, educated at Ulidia/Nettlefield Primary, Wellington College and Queens. His family is from Sandy Row. Christopher has served as an elected representative in South Belfast for 11 years including terms as High Sheriff and Deputy Lord Mayor. He cares passionately about education and wants to see every child getting the best start in life.
Christopher has worked to secure investment in South Belfast through council. This includes:
• £200K for “Urban Soul” space in May Street Presbyterian Church
• £35k for Donegall Pass community garden
• A new zebra crossing in Belvoir Driv
• £100k for a new community building in Annadale
• £100+k for Belvoir SureStart building
• £160k for local Orange Halls - Sandy Row (£100k) and Ballynafeigh (£60k).
Christopher is married to Laura. They have three children: Trinity (4), Oliver (3) and Cameron (20 months). Outside of politics, Christopher’s interests include reading, spending time with his family and their beloved dog Harry and helping out in his church Sunday School in Sandy Row.