The Northern Ireland Plan (PDF 1MB)
Publish Date: 28 March 2015
This document sets out some of our key priorities for discussion with the parties which could form the next government. It also sets out what we will do to create the kind of Northern Ireland we all wish to see.
We have a plan for where we want Northern Ireland to be in 2021, the hundredth anniversary of Northern Ireland’s creation. We have been working to deliver it.
However, the election on 7 May will give Northern Ireland the opportunity of a lifetime to transform our Province for generations. It is highly likely that after that election no single party will have enough seats to command a majority in the House of Commons. That means that the votes of our MPs could be crucial.
- Make Northern Ireland an economic powerhouse
- Deliver world class public services for our people
- Create a society based on fairness and opportunity for everyone
- Make politics and Government work better in Northern Ireland
- Strengthen the United Kingdom and protect and enhance our British identity.