DUP Assembly Manifesto 2016 (PDF )
Publish Date: 04 April 2016
Arlene Foster’s plan for Northern Ireland.
The 2016 manifesto is our plan for Northern Ireland.
The DUP has a clear vision for a stronger, safer future - we are ambitious for Northern Ireland and want the opportunity to build on what we have achieved to date.
It is built around a five point plan.
- Prioritise spending on the Health Service - increase the budget by at least £1bn and employ at least 1,500 more nurses & midwives and 200 more consultants.
- Create more jobs and increase incomes - create 50,000 more jobs and align skills provision from colleges & universities to match our needs.
- Protect family budgets - keep household taxes low, deliver a new childcare strategy, protect pensioner benefits and free public transport for carers.
- Raise standards in education for everyone - build a system that does not play favourites, but is fair to every sector, school and child.
- Invest in infrastructure - establish a £1bn investment fund and have a single department for delivering infrastructure projects.